Having an experienced physician who is familiar with you and your health history can be a great advantage, when one needs health advice. A trustworthy relationship with your physician will help you make the right decisions about your health.
Statistics reveal that the states with more health care physicians per capita have better health outcomes including fewer deaths from cancer and heart stroke. Therefore, it is a proven fact that having a physician who is well aware of your medical history allows for better and more effective healthcare.
A physician will provide you continuity of care, thus enabling more effective medical attention. This continuity of care provides ample benefits that ultimately add up to provide you better health.
However, simply understanding the need for a physician is not enough, you should know how to choose the most qualified and suitable physician for yourself.
Follow these simple tips that can easily guide you on how to choose the right primary care physician.
- Choose Experienced Doctors: An experienced doctor who has spent many years in the medical field would be an ideal choice. Therefore always prefer an experienced physician.
- A Doctor Who Suits You: There are different types of doctor who may be classified as primary care physicians, or those involved in family practice or general practice etc. If you live in New York, you can find the right physician in Oakland Gardens, who suits your health needs and has experience in treating health conditions like yours.
- Face-to-Face Meeting: Meeting the doctor will clarify whether he is right for you or not. Make sure that you feel comfortable. Talk to him about your medications and medical history.
- Ask for Referrals: You can ask your friends, family members or a pharmacist to recommend a physician. You can preferably choose a physician near your place, so that you can easily visit his clinic whenever required.
Make the right choice for yourself, as this decision will have an impact on your health. To meet your health care needs choose the best physician to whom you can convey your concerns easily.
Glaucoma is an eye-disorder that causes blindness. This disease damages the optic nerve of the eye that is mainly caused to abnormal high pressure inside the eye. However, the main problem related to glaucoma is that it causes vision loss, which is apparently slow and does not show any symptoms until the problem becomes significant.
The main symptom is the gradual loss of vision however, some other symptoms include-
- Hazy or blurred vision
- Sudden severe headache
- Severe eye or eye brow pain
- Redness of eye
- Sudden sight loss
- Flashes of light
- Loss of eyesight
- Nausea and vomiting
- Appearance of rainbow colored circles around bright lights.
- Tunnel vision in advanced stage
Anyone can suffer from this disease; however, one should be aware of the various risk factors related to this disease. There are a number of risk factors and the most common ones include-
- Family history
- Sleep apnea
- Regular intake of contraceptive pills
- Heart diseases
- High blood pressure
There is no exact cure for this disease but early diagnosis proves to be very helpful in managing this serious health condition. Therefore, it is very important to get the examination of your eyes in every three to four months in order to diagnose any eye related disorder.
It is always better to schedule your glaucoma test with some certified doctor in NYC. The doctor is likely to ask you a number of questions along with present symptoms to evaluate your condition.
The doctor may also recommend certain treatment options, which may include-
- Laser treatment
- Eye drops
So, if you notice any of the aforementioned symptoms, make sure to seek immediate medical attention.
Health problems, whether minor or major, are bound to occur at some time in our life. Some of the health problems can be determined easily while some require proper test to determine the cause. There are ample number of medical tests and one of the most common tests that doctors usually prefer to go for is the blood test. Maximum numbers of health problems are determined with the help of this test. To take this test, lab technician takes the blood samples and test it in order to find the cause.
Following are the circumstances under which doctors advice the patients to go for blood tests-
- The first reason why the doctor advises to go for blood test is to determine various health issues in a patient.
- These health issues may include disease like high cholesterol, cardiovascular diseases, hemoglobin, diabetes, and more.
- Blood test tells the reason behind the sickness. This helps the doctors in knowing about the sickness so that they can start with the patient’s treatment procedure.
- The other reason why blood test is taken is to check one’s blood group. One can take it for general information or needed by the physician if undergoing any surgery of the patient.
- Thirdly, blood tests are conducted to check the amount of body fluids present in the body. These body fluids include hemoglobin, red & white cells, platelets count in the body and level of fibrinogen in the body.
- One of the common skin problems are allergies. However, in order to detect any allergy in the body, blood test of the patient is taken that helps in determining the problem in the skin.
Blood test can help in determining various health issues and can help in treating them. In addition, one can determine futuristic health issues like for instance if cholesterol level is high in the body, it can cause cardiovascular diseases.
Glaucoma is a disease that damages the eyes optic nerve and mostly occurs when fluid builds up in the front part of the eye. That extra fluid raises the pressure in the eye that damages the optic nerve and leads to vision loss. Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness, but the main problem with it is that most of the people that are affected with it do not know that they have it. This is because this diseases progress slowly and does not usually show any early symptoms. However, at times symptoms may appear and some of its common symptoms are-
- Blurred vision
- Sudden loss of sight
- Redness in the eyes
There are many risk factors for this disease and that can include diabetes, hypertension, heart diseases, family history, sleep apnea, oral contraceptive pills, etc. Even though the disease cannot be reversed, early diagnosis and treatment is extremely important in glaucoma, as blindness can be prevented with timely treatment.
Therefore, it is essential for you to schedule your glaucoma test in NYC on the regular basis. Apart from testing, your physician will also ask you a variety of questions to evaluate your condition in the proper manner. If you are diagnosed with the glaucoma, treatment will depend on your present condition that may include eye drops, surgery, laser treatment, etc. The main aim of the treatment would be to stop the progress of the disease and preserve vision loss.
You should not ignore regular screening tests under any circumstances, as it is a matter of your eyesight and any delays in it might prove very costly. Get on the web and start looking for the most reliable places to schedule your glaucoma-screening test.
Glaucoma is the main cause of blindness that affects millions of people. It is a group of diseases that damage the eyes’ optic nerve and is known as the silent stealer of sight. The main problem with glaucoma is that it causes slow vision loss and does not show any symptoms until the problem becomes significant. Hence, it is a serious health condition that requires immediate attention.
However, common symptoms of the glaucoma can include-
- Blurred Vision
- Sudden Loss of Sight
- Eyes Redness
There are various risk factors for glaucoma. They include-
- Heart Disease
- Sleep Apnea
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
- Family History
Early diagnosis plays the most crucial role in managing this serious health condition, which is why it is vital for you to schedule your Glaucoma test in NYC on a regular basis. Even though there is no known cure for glaucoma, but regular screening allows your physician to detect the problem early and prevent further damage. Your doctor will ask you a number of questions along with present symptoms to evaluate your condition.
As a treatment to manage it and halt its progress, your physician may recommend certain medications, laser treatment, or surgery. However, treatment will depend on the present condition of the patient and results of the tests used for evaluation. Testing for the evaluation of the condition can include visual acuity testing, dilated eye examination, visual field testing, and few others.
Regular screening is vital for you to protect your vision and quality of life. Therefore, you should not ignore it under any situation because little negligence can cause plenty of damage. It is all about your health and safety, which is why you should pay it the serious attention that it requires
VENG or video electronystagmography test is performed to evaluate the balance function of patients’ inner ear. It is an accurate and fast medical process that can help physicians in determining the underlying health issues in patients.
Why people go for it?
Most patients go for this test if they experience symptoms like dizziness, vertigo etc. Physicians perform VENG exam to identify the reason of these symptoms. They determine if the dizziness is caused by an inner ear disease or any other reason. Doctors also use this exam for detecting the signs of vestibular dysfunction in an individual.
How it is performed?
In this pain less and non-invasive test, healthcare professionals use an infrared camera. In this exam, three different medical procedures are performed, which are nystagmus, optokinetic and positional testing.
Are there any side effects?
There are no side effects of this exam. However, some patients may feel a bit dizzy after it, but it is temporary. If dizziness prolongs, then you must contact your physician immediately.
How can you prepare for VENG test?
You must consult with your doctor before opting for this exam. They can provide you proper instructions on the basis of your health, medication history etc. However, there are some medicines that you must stop taking for a certain time before this exam. It includes anti-nausea medicines, sedatives and more. These certain medicines can affect the results of this test.
Heart disease is one of the leading causes of deaths throughout the world. Heart disease is a general term used for the disorder that affects the heart. There are several factors that put you at high risk for developing heart related issues. Some of the main risk factors are given below-
- High Cholesterol
- Lack of Physical Activity
It is crucial for you to seek immediate help from your physician in Oakland Gardens, if you notice any symptoms of the heart disease. There are many indicators, but following are the primary signs that require your instant attention-
- Chest Pain
- Shortness of Breath
- Slow Heartbeat
It is difficult to control some of the risk factors for heart disease, but you can certainly work on the controllable factors. Go through information given below to understand the factors that you can control-
- Adapt a healthy and active lifestyle, as inactivity as a risk factor for coronary heart disease. Therefore, make sure that you adapt a daily exercise regimen.
- It is crucial for you to get rid of all extra kilos that you might have because carrying extra weight around your middle is more of a health risk.
- Follow a heart-healthy diet and give up eating habits that put you and your heart at high risk. You can seek help from your physician about a heart-healthy diet.
- Work on giving up smoking gradually, as it makes your blood stickier that causes blood cells to clump together. It slows the flow of blood and makes blockage more common.
Blood tests are commonly used techniques that help in detecting any health related issue. Doctors always advice to get annual physical blood tests so that the person is sure about his health and can consult the doctor if necessary. The different blood draw service are performed for various reasons and some of them are-
- The different blood tests are performed to detect any type of health issue or to detect different risk factors and symptoms to prevent serious health problems in future. The blood tests are performed to detect risk factors related to high level of cholesterol, different cardiovascular diseases, risk of blood strokes or clots, and so on.
- The blood tests are performed to determine the actual reason behind patient’s bad health that further helps the doctor to provide the necessary treatment and medications.
- The blood tests are important to determine the red blood cell count, while blood cell count, hemoglobin, and platelets level in the body, as these cells play a major role in maintaining the immune system of the body. Moreover, through this test, one can easily determine his blood group.
- Blood tests are the most accurate and effective way to check pregnancy as compared to other different ways.
Glaucoma is a disease that can cause vision loss in an individual. Many people are suffering from this condition. However, most people are not aware of it as they ignore its symptoms (red eye, visual field loss, tunnel vision etc.). This is the reason why physicians suggest patients to get glaucoma test regularly. This medical exam can diagnose this condition.
However, when you need glaucoma screening? When is the right time to get this medical exam? Answer is –
- Age – Age is a big factor in this condition. Individuals who are over the age of 40 require this test. According to doctors, patients should get this screening more and more as they age.
- Risk level – Physicians also advice patients to get this test according to their risk level and factors. It includes age, East Asian ancestry, family history, high eye pressure etc. Doctors check an individual’s medical history and accordingly provide advice regarding test.
- Other medical conditions – Patients suffering from other medical conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure (hypertension) can also lead to Individuals suffering from these diseases should get regularly tested for glaucoma.
Many healthcare centers provide the services of glaucoma test in cities like NYC. You must choose a reliable healthcare center and get proper medical exam for this condition. However, you must know that it is not preventable. You can just get it treated if detected on time.
Holter Test is a medical exam in which patients wear a small portable device or monitor that can record and measure their heart rate and rhythm. Electrodes are attached to patient’s chest while the monitor hangs around the neck or is attached to the waist (on belt). Usually, doctors tell patients to wear this monitor for at least 24 hours.
Why it is used?
This test is prescribed to patients suffering from irregularities in heart rate or showing signs of a heart problem. Normally, doctors perform electrocardiogram to detect an issue. But sometimes, electrocardiogram fails to detect any underlying issue in heart.
In such a situation, doctors advise patients to take a Holter Test. Since the time limit for this test is much longer than an electrocardiogram, there are higher chances of detecting the problem. Monitor provides essential information to doctors regarding the functionality of patient’s heart. It helps physicians in determining the cause of irregular heartbeats, rhythm and more.
What are the precautions for this test?
- Patients wearing Holter monitor should keep this device away from water or moisture.
- One should also avoid using metal detectors, electric blankets, and microwave ovens.
You can get complete information regarding this test from your doctor. They can instruct you on monitor’s proper use, safety, etc.